Light A Candle in Their Honor


A Candle in his honor
For the child  that I have lost
Tears that have been shed each day
Sleepless nights that I have tossed

My life that has forever changed
Out of my control
Will never understand this fate
Can never be consoled

Each day I wake again to pain
That comes from deep within
Unless you've lived this awful fate
You can't know where I've been

I will never be over losing him
Tried so hard to let you know
That this love will last forever
Till the day that I do go

My memories are bittersweet
Some smiles and some tears
Longing for this all to end
Then days turn into years

I somehow move along in life
This pain right by my side
Grief is now a part of me
My heart it does reside

Please light a candle in his honor
Remember him with me
To lose a child, so tragic
This is not how life should be

No comments:

Post a Comment