A Prince and His Crown by Mellissa J. Hendrickx

"A Prince and His Crown"

"Sing me a lullaby, rock me to sleep
Tell me the tales of memories deep..."
I'll sing you a lullaby, rock you to sleep
I'll share the memories I hold so deep.
There once was a prince, so tiny and new
He wore a gold crown and a robe, satin blue.
The prince's Mommy loved him very much
Though him, she would never be able to touch
You see, my baby, his crown was a halo
He never got to sleep in his satiny cradle
For he was meant for another place
But I see him whenever I look at your face
So when you're alone and feeling down
Think of the tiny prince and his crown
For he will always be by your side
I know because he was there each time I cried
He'll hold you with his invisible arms
He'll keep you from all unseen harm
You'll never be lonely, He'll always be there
When you feel that slight breeze through your fine, blonde hair
Though Mommy only had him for a short time
I thank God eack night for this prince of mine
I've sung you lullabys, rocked you to sleep
And now I've shared my memory so deep.
So close your eyes baby, sweet dreams, good night
I love you sweetheart, hold your prince tight........

by Mellissa J. Hendrickx

No comments:

Post a Comment